Autowatch Ghost Service Mode
17 May 2020 | Admin
Before you start you must be aware of the button within your vehicle that is the service button ( we / In Car Advancements write this on the inside of the Autowatch manual given to you at the end of the installation ) if another installer fitted your Ghost you will need to contact them to find out which button was used in your vehicle.
What is service mode and when is it used?
- Your car is going to the main dealer for a service or software update
- Your car is going to be remapped
- Your car is having work done, and you don't want the Ghost causing issues
Service / valet mode allows you to hand over the keys to your car to someone without having to give them your disarm sequence. This way they get to know that your car is protected by the Ghost and won't be able to disarm it once you take it back out of service mode. Use this mode when you take your car for a service or valet parking. Here are a few key points about service mode.
- Allows for an indefinite amount for starts and drives without needing the disarm sequence
- Turns off all key learning protection (this is still active when the Ghost is disarmed!)
- Can be manually turned exited
- Will exit automatically when driven for a reasonable time
How to enter service / valet mode
- Disarm the system using your disarm sequence or mobile app
- Drive to, and park up at the dealership, airport, valeter’s etc and while the engine is still running, turn the app completely off then press your service button 5 times
- The indication lamp will flash back at you 5 times to confirm service / valet mode has been entered
- You can now turn the ignition on / off & start the vehicle and carry out the jobs required
How to exit service / valet mode manually?
- Simply enter your normal disarm sequence (must have an ignition cycle since service mode was entered)
- There will be the normal disarm 2 flash confirmation
- The next time the ignition is switched off the Ghost will rearm as normal
How service / valet mode exits automatically?
- Drive up to 31 mph (50 kph)
- Continue to drive (at any speed) for 15 minutes
- Once the time as elapsed there will be 2 flashes to indicate that service / valet mode has exited
Be aware if you switch off the ignition before the 15 minutes time has elapsed the Ghost will stay in service / valet mode and Should you not know what your service button is contact the installation company that fitted your Ghost. If you would like an Autowatch Ghost installed give us a call on 07525 068291.